Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

It's Been 10 Years

sitting at my bench in my studio in Portland, OR in 2005

I have been a full time artist and jeweler for ten years now. Ten years! In 2005 I took the big leap forward from part time to all-the-time and I have never looked back. It was an exciting, frightening, and necessary decision. I had just moved to Portland, OR from Seattle and after doing the math, I realized I was making enough money to support myself with my jewelry alone. I knew I didn't have to find a part time job to supplement my income. What a moment! In the coming weeks I'm going to take a look back and share some thoughts and favorites with you, my wonderful audience. You have been such a big part of all of this, obviously, and I want to share my celebration with you. It's also a poignant time because I'm going to start a brand new chapter in the fall when I begin graduate school. This is a big time for me in so many ways and I think it's really important for me to pause and reflect.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

SRDesigns said...

Your a great Metalsmith. Congratulations Amy on your tenth year Anniversary !!!