Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

This Time It Was Pictures



I didn't blog at all last week… wow, I was busy! I went to a bunch of Reykjavík Arts Festival events, completed a project for my second resident artist show and did my usual of daily walks and reading. I'm also helping a new friend in her studio, which I will tell you about soon. But first, let me tell you about the work I showed at the resident artist exhibition last Wednesday: a series of images taken on my birthday inside the hostel where I was staying. The pictures are details of seemingly mundane, static objects and spaces using available light. It took only 11 minutes to shoot these pictures but I didn't realize that until I put together the presentation for the exhibition. I like that I took those 11 minutes on my birthday, May 11, to look closely and think creatively. It was great to show the pictures during the exhibition and to treat my photographs as art works and more than just a part of my process. I also liked how simple it was to exhibit the work: I created a slide show on iPhoto and played it on a loop on my own laptop. I found this all very refreshing and satisfying.







You can all the images on Flickr.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: