Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Jewelry Design RVK

rubber lace cuffs, Rósa Helgadóttir at Kraum

Yesterday I went in search of Icelandic contemporary design, in particular jewelry, of course. My friend Margrét from the Textiles Museum gave me a list of shops and with my map in hand I went roaming. Here are some of my favorites:

Sasa Clock, Thorunn Arnadottir  at Spark Design Space
(tells time in 5 minute increments and the necklace can be worn)

silk bow necklace, Fluga Design at Kraum

leather collar, Bylgja Svansdóttir and María Kristín Jónsdóttir
(Bylgja's laser cut rings at Spark Design Space 
lead me to more of her work and these leather pieces)

necklace, Helga Mogensen at Kirsuberjatréð
(I was so happy to see Helga's work in person!)

brooch made with reflective yarn, TÍRA at Kraum

wood and polymer clay necklaces, Steinunn Vala at Kraum

Thanks for reading.

No comments: