Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Guest Star #120...Adam Grinovich


I'm not sure how I found the work of Adam Grinovich, but I do think it happened when I was traveling. I visited his website again the other day and was drawn to his use of non-metal materials like horse hair, pitch, and leather. The pieces that use textiles in a sculptural way are particularly appealing to me. While maintaining their inherent qualities, the textiles, namely fabric and thread, are transformed into something else. Then I read his statement on Klimt02 and became even more curious because he writes about being "interested in moments," something that resonates with me directly in my own work...because of jewelry's intimate nature, it is an ideal vehicle to capture and portray, even hint, at a point in time that is now gone.


 


 



Thanks for reading.

No comments: