Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Guest Star #115...Neva Balnikova


Today's Guest Star is Neva Balnikova from Bulgaria. I discovered her work a few years ago via Flickr and recently started looking at it again on Facebook. What caught my attention this time is her use of the knot and textiles techniques, both things I've been thinking about a lot lately. I like how the same device looks in different materials from leather to chain to rubber. The transitions in the work and how the elements and materials link together is quite lovely. Plus, her photography is really striking and adds drama to each sculptural piece. 





See more at her Flickr page.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

vanina@styleinspiratrice.com said...

That's a really nice post - excellent idea. I've known Neva for several years and I am always impressed by her art, her creativity and imagination.
Very nice blog, congratulations!


www.styleinspiratrice.com