Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

An Exhibition in a Very Old Building

Mercator Orteliushuis and poster

I went to a masters student exhibition for three Belgian schools: Sint Lucas Antwerp, Royal Academy of Fine Arts Antwerp, and MAD-Faculty Hasselt. The exhibition was housed in an old, seemingly-not-used-for-years building. Cardboard arrows pointed the way through the maze of rooms and to each collection of work. The setting alone was pretty fantastic, and so was the work: from small drawings to copper bottles to bondage-wear to food. I was the only one there that morning, which for me is always the best because I can take my time and really look. It was an impressive showing.
Kim Bruggeman
Sarie Mistiaen
Celina Gram
an arrow pointing the way
an empty room

 More on Flickr.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: