Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Eastward!

 Brooch No. 16 from "Collected Memories: 1974-Present"

Tomorrow I am off to Greenville, NC to attend and teach at "Material Topics: Shifting Traditions," the third annual metals symposium at East Carolina University. This year's symposium includes lectures, workshops, panel discussions, break-out sessions, professional development seminars, and exhibitions. I will be teaching a workshop called "Exploring Process, Building Form" twice on Sunday, January 15. The first workshop takes place from 10-12:30 and the second happens from 1:30-4. I am looking forward to leading my process class again--it will be similar to those I taught at City College in San Francisco in November and also the Kenan Institute last year. Students in this weekend's class will make a piece of jewelry in one hour using common and found materials. Then we will have a discussion about the finished pieces. I have also prepared a 15-minute lecture on my process--what it is, how I came to discover it, and how I have applied my findings to my most recent body of work, "Collected Memories."

...leading a discussion at City College

In addition to all the scheduled activities I am so looking forward to spending time with my friends at ECU - such a good group out there! 

 ...big group photo from last year's symposium - thanks to
Sara Brown!

Thanks for reading.


No comments: