Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

More Embroidery

Another embroidery I was thinking about the other day is this one, based on a drawing from my sketchbook. Here are images of both the embroidery and the sketch so you can see where the idea came from and what it became. The sketch itself was just me drawing away, repeating the same shape over and over. Then filling in the space in between so the negative space became positive space and vice~versa. The embroidery is the sketch translated into hundreds and hundreds of colonial knots, my favorite stitched knot.

Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Lisette said...

I like the embroidery design, sounds like a great class. I'm taking a textiles survey class this semester and I'm really loving it!

Amy Tavern said...

I would love to learn more textiles techniques, especially weaving. I hope you are enjoying your class!